29 December 2021

Succession planning

 

Photo courtesy of The Roslin Institute, The University of Edinburgh, UK

The photo above is of Dolly the Sheep who was, as everyone knows, is a clone.

Mr Mustard needs to be cloned, well his brain does, you might not want to look like him.

The reason is that his creator, Derek, has gone cycling mad and is planning an epic journey. Let him tell you.

Yes readers, Derek here. I'm planning a journey like no other. In 2020 I cycled 2,000 miles in 6 weeks (Land's End to John O'Groats and then Inverness to London) and this year I cycled, along with many others, from London to Glasgow to highlight environmental concerns. In 2022 I am booked to cycle the length of the Hebrides with the starting point being in Glasgow as it happens (I will probably cycle to the start and back from the finish at Inverness seeing various family members on the east coast on the way back down). I also plan to cover several thousand miles and so whilst I will have my laptop with me (for work purposes) and could therefore fight PCNs of an evening, I want to have some time to myself.

I don't want to fail to help the elderly, the disabled, the mentally ill and the poverty stricken who have previously relied on my help and who don't know when a council is trying to hoodwink them like I do. That is why I want someone else to be able to take over my role of giving free assistance and asking only for a voluntary donation (if the person can afford to make one) to the registered charity of their choice.

In 2009 I knew nothing about parking PCNs until I got one which turned out to be wrong. Acting like the vast majority of motorists I could easily have just paid it at 50% and forgotten all about it but I'm not like that, I want to know things. I therefore want to find someone who wants to know everything I have shoved into my brain in the last 12 years about council PCNs for parking, bus lanes and moving traffic contraventions (banned turns and yellow boxes etc) and who can then give their spare time over to helping those who can't so easily help themselves. It is a very rewarding, if somewhat odd, hobby. You do meet lots of interesting people.

There is the option for those people or businesses who could fight but don't want to be bothered with the paperwork, to offer a commercial service. You need to be literate, like a polite argument, inquisitive, organised and computer savvy as online is the quickest way to find things out and to fight a PCN.

Could this be you? Do get in touch by email: mrmustard@zoho.com

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I now moderate comments in the light of the Delfi case. Due to the current high incidence of spam I have had to turn word verification on.