2 February 2015

Resident permit - utter chaos & stress



Mr Mustard is professionally very busy so if always pleased when a resident comes up with a blog ready written for him such as this one. It also demonstrates clearly how residents are not being well served by Crapita's Coventry call centre and that their systems are far from cutting edge. Staff attititude also clearly leaves something to be desired which is understandable given that the employee is in a call centre which probably doesn't figure highly on the list of jobs that people want to do as a vocation. This would not happen if permits were issued locally by someone with an interest in helping people and Barnet.

Dear Mr Mustard

Just to pre-warn you of chaos with on-line permit renewal. On 11th January I received an e-mail over a month before expiry, which I thought was the height of efficiency. I went on-line, as instructed, to renew, filled in all the boxes (as you do) entered my card etc details, and pressed PAY. The resulting page stated ‘Your payment has been accepted, however the Parking Office could not fully complete the transaction. Please contact the Parking Office for more information’.

I phoned the parking office, and was told they had problems with their system they could not resolve, and would I phone back next week (if Crapita are providing a service to residents shouldn't they have arranged to call the resident back?). I phoned today, the 21st, and was informed that the Parking Office had no new permit showing on line, which must mean that my payment was not taken (interesting logic there!).

My details were then taken to ‘create’ a new permit. During that process the issue arose as to whether this was a first or second (or third permit). The system only allowed ‘second or third permit’, and (surprise surprise) these were £70. I explained that on-line on the 13th the system had invited renewal at £40.

I was then told my permit had been created, but that I needn’t pay now, I could phone back nearer my existing permit expiry date and pay then. Thinking that I could not endure another lengthy telephone call, and repeating my vehicle and address details for the umpteenth time, I would pay now. An audible sigh issued from the other end of the phone.

After the taking of payment I was told my new permit would be issued nearer the time, which I wait to receive, along with my bank statement to check whether I have in fact paid twice.

My determination was because a couple of years back there was a ticket on my car at 9am the day following permit expiry with no reminder from Barnet. What utter chaos and stress this system produces! I can’t wait for my disabled badge!!!!!!!

Regards

Mr B

What could possibly me easier than renewing a permit for a resident? A child of 10 could do it.

Why can't Crapita manage it?

Yours frugally

Mr Mustard

Update Monday 2 February 2015

My friend & neighbour who happens to be a Solicitor and this episode is costing him billable time, has resorted to shouting at parking permits (Crapita) in an email, viz

DEAR BARNET PARKING

WHAT IS GOING ON? 

WHY IS YOUR SYSTEM NOT SHOWING RENEWALS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE? I TRIED TO RENEW ON 11TH JAN BUT YOUR SYSTEM COULD NOT COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION (BUT TOOK MY PAYMENT!). I THEN PHONED AND HELD FOR AGES ON THE 21ST WHEN YOU THEN TOLD ME YOU COULD FIND NO TRACE OF MY RENEWAL OF THE 11TH,  SO I RENEWED AND PAID AGAIN AND WAS TOLD THE PERMIT WOULD ISSUE NEARER THE TIME. 

IN THIS CHAOTIC SYSTEM OF SENDING REMINDERS FOR RENEWALS THAT THE VEHICLE OWNER BELIEVES HE HAS ACTIONED, HOW DOES ONE KNOW IF YOUR RECORDS HAVE BEEN UPDATED OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER AND REVERT TO ME PLEASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I now moderate comments in the light of the Delfi case. Due to the current high incidence of spam I have had to turn word verification on.