|yet another mantra "Working together"|
The Council’s One Barnet programme is to redesign the council in order to meet increasing local and national challenges and opportunities, implementing any agreed changes.
Pay scale £39,790 to £42,499
Purpose of Job
- To lead on all aspects of work relating to Member and democratic engagement to promote openness and transparency, including research and data gathering; presentation of findings; implementation and co-ordination of actions and monitoring and reporting on progress. The postholder will be required to lead on particular aspects of Member development, Members’ allowances and democratic engagement.
- To manage and provide a professional lead on Member development, Members’ allowances and democratic engagement across the service and corporately as required.
- To lead on and advise Members and senior officers of the Council on strategies relating to transparency, Member development and democratic engagement.
- To contribute to the success of the Governance Service.
Mr Mustard has been distracted by so much other tut coming out of Barnet Council that he has neglected the non-jobs so that is being put right today.
Barnet Council do not appear to be committed to Openness and Transparency as otherwise they would not
- set rules and limit the questions one can ask at Residents' forums
- reduce the opportunity for debate at Council Meetings
- fail to produce minutes of meetings in a timely fashion
- allow Councillors to ask residents not to email them
- allow Councillors to delete emails unread
- have meetings at which no Cabinet member appears
- have refused filming against the wishes of Central Government
- have refused entry to a Council meeting
and this non-job would not be necessary.
It looks like £40,000 in the bin to Mr Mustard.
This surely cannot be a full time job ?
Can't Nick Walkley advise members on this as part of his leadership role as set out in his Role summary ?
Ensure the Council operates in an open, accountable and democratic manner to minimise any challenge to its operations based on such grounds.